The Basic Estate Planning Workshop educates you on the legal and practical steps you take to protect your loved ones in the event of their disability or death. It is usually conducted at businesses, senior living facilities, universities, and philanthropic organizations. Through real life stories and easy to understand legal principles, Laura and Josh help you really think about how to meet your legal and moral obligations to your loved ones, and ensure your assets will pass to who you want, and avoid a long, expensive probate court process.
March 9th | 9:00am - 11:00am
City of Newport Beach Civic Center Community Room, 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
RSVP to Bonnie Johnson at 949.718.0420 or [email protected]
Who Should Attend
The Basic Estate Planning Workshop is ideal for any adult to attend, whether you’re married, single, elderly, wealthy, disabled, parents, etc.
What You'll Learn
- How to name a guardian for a minor child or grandchild
- How to avoid a long and expensive court process known as probate
- How to make sure the money you leave behind would be immediately and privately available to your family
- How to protect your spouse and children’s inheritance from creditors, predators, future divorces and lawsuits
- How to make your medical wishes known and ensure they are honored
- How to direct what should happen to your virtual assets including blogs, social media accounts, and online financial accounts
- How to leave behind far more than just money
Attendees usually receive a free Virtual Assets Instruction Letter to list their online account information and instructions, or a Family Wealth Inventory Spreadsheet they can use to list their assets.