My young adult child is going away to college. Can I still help make my young adult child’s medical decisions in an emergency?

Technically no, unless your young adult child authorizes you to act on your young adult child’s behalf by granting you those powers through the appropriate medical directives. We can prepare these legal documents for your young adult child, so you can continue to help them make decisions for as long as your young adult chooses, especially if your young adult child becomes hurt and cannot make these decisions for themselves.