My child with special needs is now an adult. Can I still make decisions for my adult child with special needs?

Once a person turns eighteen, the law presumes that he or she is an adult with full capability to make decisions.  For adult children with special needs, parents (or another caregiver) will need to go through a court process known as a conservatorship to continue to make decisions for an adult child. .  We can help you through the process of obtaining a conservatorship over your child.