Joshua is an Orange County business and estate planning attorney, business owner, husband, and dad of four great kids focused on helping families and businesses achieve their dreams. He excels in helping families meet their financial, legal, and moral obligations to their loved ones by creating estate, business, and life plans that ensure their family’s complete protection and well-being.
Joshua previously practiced law at two prestigious California law firms where he handled business, probate, trust, and estate litigation matters. After litigating for several years, Joshua saw many businesses burdened with substantial debt and families torn apart through the litigation process. Joshua saw a common theme among his cases– most of the disputes could have been avoided if the parties had implemented proper planning from the start.
Today, Joshua uses these experiences to help families and businesses avoid litigation and costly problems by implementing business, estate, and life plans before issues arise. His approach gives families peace of mind and allows them to enjoy their family, grow their business, and achieve their dreams.
He also ensures that his clients have access to the best practices and the latest technology, which gives families the best opportunity for success. Joshua is a member of Wealth Counsel, a national organization of trusts and estates attorneys and other legal, tax, and business professionals who design sophisticated planning techniques for individuals and families.
Joshua is actively involved in the community. He is a founding board member and CIO of the Orange County Young Executives, a collection of young professionals, executives, and entrepreneurs, seeking to make a difference in Orange County through philanthropy and the exchange of innovative ideas. Joshua also coaches his oldest son’s baseball team and volunteers for pro bono legal cases. The State Bar of California has twice awarded Joshua the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services.
Most importantly, Joshua and his wife, Laura, are the proud parent of Conrad, Jack, Kate, and Andrew.
University of San Diego School of Law
- San Diego Law Review, Member
- Highest grade in class, Criminal Procedure
- Mock Trial & Moot Court
- ATLA Mock Trial – 1st Place
- ATLA Mock Trial – 2nd Place
- Torts Moot Court – Semifinalist
- International Moot Court – Semifinalist
- McLennon Moot Court – 3rd Round
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics, Minor in Biology
- Varsity Football
- Team Captain
- Defensive MVP
- Iron Man Award
- Coach’s Award
- The Honorable Roger T. Benitez
United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Attorney’s Office
Southern District of California, Civil Division
- The Honorable Gilbert A. Nares
California Court of Appeal, 4th District, Division 1
- The Honorable Mitchel R. Goldberg
United States Bankruptcy Court, California Central District
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2007 and 2008: Awarded by State
Bar of California for volunteering at least 50 hours of pro bono legal service.
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance Pro Bono Service Award, Sole Recipient 2008.
- Schwartz v. Schwartz (2008) 167 Cal.App.4th 733
- In re Conservatorship and Estate of Edde (2009) 173 Cal.App.4th 833
- Orange County Young Executives, Founding Board Member
- Newport Beach Little League Baseball Coach